Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ramadan 18, 1431

Tonight we're going to an Iftar dinner to break the fast with our Jordanian friends. So for once we decided to try the Ramadan thing to have some understanding of how our friends will feel at 18:48 tonight when it's time to eat.

It actually helped that last night we were out with our new neighbors until 3 am and we probably consumed a bit more than we should have. It helped in that I didn't get up until 8:45 (fewer hours to fast!) AND I wasn't in the least thirsty or hungry.

I walked the dogs and when I came back I went upstairs to wake Cordelia. Two minutes later I came down and Manuel had already caved. He NEEDED water (apparently he subsequently needed a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese and a cup of coffee). Also at the table was Julian's friend, Jackson, eating cereal. But not Julian. He stayed strong.

Remy caved next...she had coffee.

It's now 11:30 and I'm not hungry but I'm VERY thirsty. Maybe I'll just drink some water....

2:14: I now understand why the emiratis sleep all day during Ramadan. It would certainly pass the hours. I'm really thirsty, but not hungry at all. Julian is still standing strong (playing WII) and his buddy left an ice cold glass of water on the table (on a coaster don't worry :) It's mocking me. Cordelia is at a meeting at school with no food or drink and the other girls are next door....probably drinking water...




No comments:

Post a Comment