Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ramadan 18, 1431--cont'd --Final Chapter

9:39 pm: Home again. Full. Watered. I'm still thirsty though!!
We broke the fast at 6:49 with everyone, first with a date (as Mohammed did) and water (YES!!). And then we had wonderful Arabic dishes--soup with barley and chicken, kibbe, aubergine and mince and yogurt, grape leaves wrapped around squash--so many things. And many many glasses of water. It wasn't a heavy meal. But there were lots of different dishes. I can only imagine the hours in the kitchen.

Words from Julian:
I was so hungry and thirsty that I got bored of video games. And another part is that I can't believe Dad broke his fast in the first hour. Then I ate and I was like woo-hoo. Soon I was full and couldn't even finish what was on my plate (although I left a small space for those two pieces of chocolate cake which I devoured. mmmm).
I ate the cake so fast no one even noticed I had seconds. That about covers it. Until next time. JJ

1 comment:

  1. Way to go. Had an Egyptian colleague who always GAINED weight during Ramadan. Fasted all day, then literally ate all night. I'm with you on the water, though. Food, I can pass. But fluids? In the desert? No way. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete