Monday, February 15, 2010

Just back from the homeland



I'm just back from a quick week's trip to the US (NYC and Rhode Island). It's great to be back in the warm weather and 'home'. It's a little sad I, so far, can't find any winter olympics coverage on the 100 odd TV stations I have here. Also, while I was gone--the closed the Burj Khalifa indefinitely. Seems there's a stuck elevator...no word on the passengers that were in that elevator when it got stuck over a week ago. I guess I was lucky!

A few reflections from my trip...

1. People are much more interested (I mean really interested with actual pertinent questions AND follow up questions that prove they're, in fact, listening) in my experiences in the middle east as opposed to those in France.
2. The train ride from NY to Rhode Island is absolutely beautiful. How some developer hasn't found a way to move the train tracks that go right along the sound is both surprising and reassuring. (the picture on the left was taken from the train).
3. Snow is enormously fun when you're only in it for the pretty part and you have nowhere to get to and no need to shovel.
4. It's a REALLY long trip from Abu Dhabi to NY.



No comments:

Post a Comment