Saturday, February 27, 2010

A jinx on the Dubai Mall??



Before I begin on the Dubai Mall...I have an update on Sheikh Mubarak and mourning...he was in his late 70's apparently and the first minister of the interior for the UAE. The family has been receiving a long line of visitors just across 15th from us next to Mushrif park. The flags are at half mast and there's a tank out the side door. There's a long line of cars entering and I saw one woman walking out in a short black dress (hmmm that's definitely not kosher). The radio is still on muzak but we were at a big party at one of the clubs last night with alcohol and music. So, I'm not sure of the fine print on the ban on that stuff. I guess it depends on your wasta.

Now ... about the jinx. I'm beginning to wonder if all those trips to the Dubai Mall over Christmas break left the mall with some bad mojo. First, the Burj Khalifa shut down the observation deck (still closed at the moment) and now the aquarium has sprung a leak. What are the chances??
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/582391-aquarium-leak-sparks-dubai-mall-evacuation
Check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment